Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Reministream: How I Named My Sister After Me

My sister's nickname is "Tet." 

Yes, I'm "Jet" and she's "Tet."

Some people, when they find out what her real name is, would ask why in the world she was given such a nickname which had nothing to do whatsoever with her real name. With that question, people in my family would turn to me with an accusing look on their faces, as if to say: blame it on her.

Yep. Blame it on me. It was my fault.

You see, even as a baby, I was already known by the nickname "Jet." I was told that I thought the word Jet was the word for "baby" and so I thought that all babies were called "Jet."

When my sister came into the family, I saw that she was also a baby just like me. And so I kept calling her Jet. Unfortunately, I couldn't pronounce the word "Jet" properly and ended up saying "Tet." Tet for Jet because I couldn't pronounce the letter "J" well. 

Well, what did you expect from a two year old (I was told that I was two years old at that time)?

Jet and Tet
...I personally think Tet wouldn't want to have her nickname any other way! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment